MURRYSVILLE, Pa. — Cleveland Brothers Holdings, based in Harrisburg, Pa., last month acquired Beckwith Machinery. Both companies are Caterpillar equipment dealers. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Murrysville, Pa.-based Beckwith Machinery operates 10 locations in Pennsylvania and one in West Virginia. It was founded in 1907 by James Beckwith, a manufacturer's agent for construction machinery and supplies. In 1920, James Beckwith signed a contract with C.L. Best Co. to act as representative and distributor. Later in 1925 when C.L. Best merged with the Holt organization to become the Caterpillar Tractor Company, Beckwith Machinery Company became one of the first Caterpillar dealers in the United States.
Cleveland Brothers also acquired One Call Rentals in the sale, a network of Cat Rental stores.
According to an article in the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, the acquisitions will increase Cleveland Brothers' territory to 59 counties in Pennsylvania, 17 counties in West Virginia and two counties in Maryland.