Doosan Infracore America last week announced plans to continue to improve its products and services and finalized the two-year change to Doosan-only branded heavy construction and compact equipment.
“Doosan Corporation has invested globally more than $50 million over the past five years to improve reliability and technology,” said John Vandy, president and chief operating officer of Doosan Infracore America, Construction Equipment Division. “We continue to strive to become one of the world’s five largest infrastructure support businesses. These additional enhancements to our products and services will help us achieve our goal.”
In April 2005, Daewoo Heavy Industries and Machinery was acquired by Doosan Corp., a 111-year-old company, and Doosan Infracore America was established. Since the acquisition, Doosan Infracore America has committed itself to providing efficient, durable products to the North American market. It introduced 10 Tier III DX excavators and five Tier III DL wheel loaders and expanded its dealer network to better service the North American market.
Ranked fourth in the global medium and large crawler excavator market, Doosan Corp, experienced revenue of $14 billion in 2006. In North America, there are more than 70 Doosan dealers with more than 130 locations and a North American parts distribution center located in Atlanta.
According to Vandy, these are some of the developments dealers and customers can expect this year:
• 17 new models, providing the most up-to-date products in the industry
• 500-percent growth in sales and service training support so Doosan personnel can respond to the needs of the customer.
• 100-percent growth in field and internal technical support to ensure machine uptime
• A North American parts guarantee program to maximize machine uptime
• A North American product engineering department for increased innovation and product support
• A North American remarketing department to build market awareness and value for used equipment
• Stronger brand awareness through a 130-percent increase in Doosan’s advertising investment and a dealer co-op program
• New dealer-tested initiatives to ensure success when programs are rolled out to end-users
Doosan Infracore America services a large network of Doosan dealers in North America from its headquarters in Suwanee, Ga. Doosan Infracore America is responsible for all North American sales, service, and technical support for Doosan heavy construction equipment, compact equipment and lift trucks.