Briggs & Stratton Commercial Power last week introduced Power Code quick response code to its Vanguard single-cylinder and V-twin engines. A Vanguard Power Code is a square barcode located on the engine that, after being scanned with a smart phone’s barcode reader, directs the user to an array of important information for that specific engine model. Most notably, the Vanguard Power Code will provide the equipment operator with troubleshooting information specially suited for in-field support.
“For turf and construction professionals, equipment downtime on the jobsite causes frustration and costs money,” said Dan Roche, marketing manager for Briggs & Stratton Commercial Power. “The Vanguard Power Code gets immediate information directly to the operator regardless of where they are located so they can get back to work quickly. That means fewer trips back to the shop and more projects done on-time.”
In addition to jobsite troubleshooting guidelines, other highlights of the Vanguard Power Code include:
- Dealer locator - via GPS or zip code search
- FAQs - includes answers to operation and maintenance questions
- Parts lists - common replacement parts for the specific engine
- Recommended maintenance instructions and schedules - includes oil recommendations
- Advanced troubleshooting information - for more technical engine repairs at the shop
- Owner’s manuals - by request or PDF download to the user’s phone
- Language preference - All Vanguard Power Codes will have information available in English or Spanish
Vanguard Power Codes will be available on engines manufactured beginning in January 2012.
Briggs & Stratton Commercial Power is a provider of commercial power solutions including the Vanguard engine family, which includes single-cylinder engines from 2.4 to 15 gross horsepower; Vanguard V-Twin horizontal and vertical engines from 14 to 23 gross horsepower; and Vanguard air-cooled V-Twin Big Block engines from 25 to 35 gross horsepower (horizontal) and 28-36 gross horsepower (vertical).