RSC Equipment Rental last week announced the launch of its 2009 corporate social responsibility report, summarizing RSC’s social and environmental practices as guided by its core values of safety, integrity, passion for people, sustainable innovation, and customer and community centric relationships.
The report — available at www.RSCrental.com/csr — outlines how RSC’s focus on these topics directly supports its financial goals and helps ensure the long-term success of the company.
“Publishing our first CSR report underscores our commitment to conducting business the right way every day,” said Erik Olsson, president and CEO of RSC Equipment Rental. “We will continue to take a vested interest in social responsibility, which will enable us to deliver attractive returns for our shareholders while benefiting the environment and the communities in which we operate.”
The report outlines:
• High safety standards promote the well-being of RSC employees, customers and the general public, which supports consistent achievement of outstanding financial and operational results;
• Collaboration with vendors to provide sustainable solutions, including an equipment refurbishment program, a move to use environmentally sound parts washers and the introduction of solid tires;
• Focus on processes of continuous improvement such as OSHA’s VPP, ISO 14001 and 5S;
• RSC’s equipment emission tracking solution, which calculates greenhouse gas and criteria pollutant emissions from RSC equipment;
• RSC’s work to strengthen its relationship with employees, vendors, customers, and communities in which it operates.
Based in Scottsdale, Ariz., RSC Equipment Rental is No. 2 on the RER 100.