Speedy Hire, the U.K.’s leading provider of rental and support services, recognized the contribution made by key suppliers through five awards presented at their staff conference recently. The event was attended by more than 800 Speedy delegates and 140 major manufacturing and supply companies from the construction and associated industries.
The awards, decided through a combination of delegate votes and a judging panel of Speedy senior directors and sector specialists, were:
- Youngman Group Limited for its BoSS Cam-Lock Advance Guardrail, received the “View From the Front” award, introduced by Speedy to give its staff the chance to recommend products they would like to include in the rental fleet;
- The Speedy Innovation Award was given to the Hire Supply Co. for its En-Save, Elite Energy Saving Transformer, which saves energy by enabling the power supply used to operate tools to be left on standby when equipment is not in use;
- The Environmental Award, which had a lot of contenders, was based on environmental efficiency and went to the VB9 lighting tower made by TowerLight UK. With a smaller diesel engine than traditional models, the VB9 typically reduces fuel usage by 72 percent;
- The Winning Values award came from delegate nominations for the supplier who had added value by going out of its way to be helpful by helping to resolve an issue or making out-of-hours deliveries, was given to Checkmate, which supplies lifting products;
- The Strategic Supplier/Partner Award, presented to a supplier that worked hard to develop a mutually rewarding business relationship, went to Leica Geosystems, a valued supply partner for Speedy for more than 10 years.
“The companies who took home awards this year all have one thing in common; they are working with us to create the equipment that we know our customers need,” said Andy Conner, supply chain director at Speedy.Speedy Hire is based in Newton-le-Willows, Merseyside, U.K.