Manufacturers facing recovery and IT/software integration will be among the topics discussed at the upcoming European Rental Association convention to be held June 7-9 in Amsterdam, according to the preliminary agenda released this week. The ERA will be held alongside the International Rental Exhibition trade show and the RAI exhibition center.
The schedule will include:
- A possible visit to rental branches of Boels and Works, located not far from the convention facility;
- Roundtable: Manufacturers Facing Recovery: How equipment manufacturers face their challenges and does this impact the purchasing strategies of the rental companies? Speaker will be Lorenz Kleist of IHS Global and panelists include Gerard Deprez of Loxam; Michael Kneeland of United Rentals; Pierre Boels of Boels Verhuur; Martin Holmgren of Cramo; Jean-Christophe Girou of Manitou; Alexandre Saubot of Haulotte; Anders Barreng of Volvo Europe and Alan Blake of JCB.
- Scaffolding Roundtable: Speakers are Reid Cameron, Harsco Infrastructure; and Mikka Pynttari of Ramirent.
- IT/Software Integration Roundtable: Speakers are Derek Robson of Result Group and Edwin Wijers of Boels.
- National Rental Associations Roundtable: Speakers are Graham Arundell, Hire Association of Europe; Stefan Ponea, Romanian Rental Association; and Durval Gasparetti, Brazilian Rental Association. Moderated by Michel Petitjean, European Rental Association.
- Family-owned rental company roundtable: Speakers to be determined.
- Committee Report: Safety and Sustainability.
- Committee Report: Equipment Technology and Theft.
- Construction update by Eduardo Rodriguez Priego, HIS Global.
- Contractor vision of the rental market, Mats Paulsson, Strabag Scandinavia.
- Equipment End-of-Life Strategies: Speakers are Guyfain Turgeon, Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers; Dale Asplund, United Rentals; David Downie, HSS Hire.