Entries are now open for the International Awards for Powered Access 2012, jointly organized by Access International magazine and International Powered Access Federation. The awards ceremony and dinner will be held on March 29, 2012 at the Sheraton Roma Hotel in Rome, following the IPAF Summit, which starts at 1:30 on the same day.
The IAPAs celebrate best practice and excellence in the powered access industry, attracting full-capacity audiences of around 450 each year. This is the fourth time that the awards are being held.
The categories, open to all companies and individuals in the powered access industry, are:
- The Access Rental Company of the Year
- IPAF Safety Champion
- Contribution to Safe Working at Height
- Access Project of the Year
- Product of the Year – Vehicle/trailer-mounted
- Product of the Year – Self-propelled (booms, scissors, atrium lifts)
- Product of the Year – Mast-climbing work platforms/hoists
- Product of the Year – Low-level access
- Award for Outstanding After Sales Service
- IPAF/Access International Lifetime Achievement Award
There are two categories designed for IPAF member companies and individuals only:
- IPAF Training Instructor of the Year
- Best New IPAF Training Center
“Slight alterations have been made to the award categories this year in order to better reflect the industry and make it simple to enter,” said Maria Hadlow, editor of Access International. “The judges are looking for best practice, excellence, innovation and professionalism. The basic criterion is simple — the judges want all entrants to tell them why they believe their company, project or product is special and why it deserves to win an award in a particular category.”
Companies and individuals can enter themselves or nominate others. They can submit entries for more than one award, and more than one entry per category, if they so wish. There is no charge for entering. Entries must be for work done in 2011. The deadline for entries is Dec. 23.
Entries must be submitted in English using the official entry form available at www.iapa-summit.info
IPAF is a not-for-profit members’ organization that promotes the safe and effective use of powered access equipment worldwide. Members include rental companies, manufacturers, distributors and equipment owners.