Paul Bullock and family were named Volvo Rents’ 2008 Franchise of the Year for the third year in a row during Volvo Rents’ Circle of Excellence Awards. The awards were part of Volvo Rents’ annual franchise convention held in February in Palm Springs, Calif. The Franchise of the Year Award is given to the owner group that demonstrates strong store growth, return on fleet, receivables management, training attendance, marketing, branding and appearance.
The Bullock family opened its first Volvo Rents franchise in West Monroe, La., in 2003. They added stores in 2004 and 2007 in Alexandria, La., and Bossier City, La. Their stores are widely recognized by their clients for their exceptional client care and for being the ‘friendliest rental stores in town’.
Mike Crouch, Volvo Rents’ vice president of operations, presented the awards. The award for New Franchise of the Year went to Longmont and Colorado Springs, Colo., owned by Dick Lammers, Christian Holmsen and Bobby Creason.
In addition to recognizing the Franchise and New Franchise of the Year winners, Crouch presented Circle of Excellence Awards to the 14 top-performing franchises for 2008. The winners were:
• Post Falls, Idaho, owned by Stacey and Troy Peterson
• Haverhill, Mass., owned by Todd Miceli and Matt Carretero
• Tucson, Thatcher, Eloy, Miami, and Show Low, Ariz., owned by Jeff Bleecker and Lance Evic
• Merced and Salida, Calif., owned by Helder Garcia and Brian Silveria
• Edmonton, Edson, Ft. Saskatchewan, Rocky Mountain House and Red Deer, Alberta, Canada, owned by Doug and Deanna Baumann, Lance and Twyla Gardiner, Bob and Donna Dunn
• Langhorne, Pa, Somerset, N.J, and New York City owned by Bill Ellis and Pat Lackey
• Burgettstown, Pa. owned by Alex Paris and Andy Miller
• Humble and Seabrook, Texas, owned by Pete Post
• Springfield, Mo., Hollister ,Mo., and Springdale, Ark., owned by DuWayne, Jackie, Aaron Eoff and Rob Barnica (general manager).
• Calgary, Alberta, Canada, owned by WEQ Deerfoot Rental LP
• Little Rock and Pine Bluff, Ark., owned by RC Colburn and Troy Dodd
• Spanish Fort, Ala., owned by Miles and Melissa Cook
• Pflugerville and Buda, Texas, owned by Kelly Ryan
• Rochester and Ithaca, N.Y., owned by Dave and Thomas Terry
Barry Natwick, president and CEO of Volvo Rents, welcomed new members of the Volvo Rents Franchise Advisory Council, Lance Gardiner, Greg Moore and Stacey Peterson. Todd Miceli was elected president for 2009. Natwick congratulated outgoing members Kelly Ryan, Miles Cook and Deanna Baumann. Kelly Ryan was president of the Franchise Advisory Council during this past year.
Based in Asheville, N.C., Volvo Rents is No. 17 on the RER 100.