Terex, Briggs & Stratton, and Doosan Portable Power took home the top awards in this years Innovative Product Award given out by RER, a leading information source for the rental industry. Terex Construction Americas received the Gold award for its PT-100G and PT-100G Forestry Compact Track Loaders, which are featured in the December issue of RER magazine along with the category winners. This year the awards showcase the most innovative products introduced between Aug. 1, 2009 and July 31, 2010.
The PT-100G and PT-100G Forestry Compact Track Loaders offer a class-leading 99.9-hp engine and 310 foot-pounds of torque, the most in the CTL industry, according to Terex. New to the PT-100G models, the cooling fan blades will automatically adjust to provide optimum airflow while minimizing engine horsepower consumption. These loaders have an operating weight of 11,400 pounds, a tipping load of 8,000 pounds — with a 4,000-pound operating capacity at 50 percent tipping load capacity — and a lift height of 125 inches.
The Silver winner of this year’s award went to Briggs & Stratton for its Vanguard single-cylinder engines. Key innovation is the TransportGuard system that ensures that fuel stays where it belongs and helps eliminate fouled plugs, hydraulic lock, cylinder wash down and crankcase oil dilution caused by transportation. The Bronze award was given to Doosan Portable Power for its dual-pressure air compressor with a panel switch that allows the operator to change pressure setting on the fly.
RER editors narrowed the pool of entries to one winner in each of the 11 categories. Then, its editors selected the product they felt displayed the most innovation in respect to the rental business from the 11 products selected as category winners. From those 11 winners, the Gold, Silver and Bronze award winners were selected.
The 2010 Innovative Product Award Category Winners are:
- Earthmoving equipment- PT-100G and PT-100G Forestry Compact Track Loaders, Terex Construction Americas (GOLD)
- Engines/power sourcing- Vanguard single-cylinder engines, Briggs & Stratton Commercial Power (SILVER)
- Compressors/Air tools- Dual-Pressure P260WYM/HP220WYM Air Compressor, Doosan Portable Power (BRONZE)
- Compaction equipment- Phoenix Air Tamper, Higher Innovative Solutions
- Computer software- Point-of-Rental System’s Wireless Alerts, Point-of-Rental Systems
- Concrete-working equipment- Portamix Hippo PMH 70 Mixing Station, CS Unitec
- Generators/welders- Flextec 450, Lincoln Electric Co.
- Lawn & garden equipment- ZTrak PRO 900 Series, John Deere
- Lifts- Dual-capacity booms, Genie
- Miscellaneous- Blue Island Scraper, Daniel Manufacturing
- Power Tools- Hilti TE 1000-AVR Breaker, Hilti Inc.
RER has covered the equipment rental industry since 1957, providing its readers with a mix of news, features and product information. For additional RER Innovative Product Award and publication information, visit www.rermag.com, or contact editor Michael Roth at email@example.com, or managing editor Brandey Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The RER Innovative Product Award, established in 2003, honors excellence in new product development in the equipment rental industry.