The American Rental Association last week announced the recipients of its annual service awards, which will be presented on Feb. 8 during The Rental Show in Orlando, Fla.
Stan Crumbaugh, president of Independence Rent-All, Independence, Mo., will receive the Meritorious Service Award, which honors an ARA member who has made a significant contribution and demonstrated leadership pivotal to the success of a project or program. Crumbaugh has been an energetic leader of The Rental Show Work Group, established by the ARA board of trustees to research and provide information on innovations for The Rental Show’sshort- and long-term future. He served as chair of this committee in a volunteer capacity and gave much time, effort and leadership to creating a cohesive team with diverse opinions and ideas. Crumbaugh served as ARA president in 2007 and is a long-time volunteer. The Meritorious Service Award will be presented during the keynote session.
The Special Service Award, also presented at the keynote session, will be awarded to Clay Eubanks, president of Takeuchi Manufacturing (U.S.), Pendergrass, Ga. Eubanks was instrumental in assisting ARA with efforts to increase attendance at The Rental Show2009 in Atlanta. He went beyond his duties as an ARA board member as he hosted a video promoting Atlanta as a destination city, identified opportunities to market Atlanta, encouraged members to attend the show and rallied support from general and associate members alike.
Neil DeJong, manager of Industrial Tools and Equipment Rentals, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, will receive the Outstanding Leadership Award during the keynote session. The award honors a member who has provided an example of superlative leadership at the grassroots level. DeJong is recognized for his work with the Canadian Rental Association Ontario association, increasing membership, encouraging volunteer involvement, activating an Ontario next generation group and providing support to both ARA and CRA.
Regional Person of the Year Awards recognize individuals who have made significant contributions at the regional, state or local level. Awards are presented during the new Regional Breakfasts. This year’s recipients are:
• Region One: Tom Davis, CERP, Are You Ready To Party?, Waterville, Maine
• Region Two: Carol Frederick, Tel-Power Tool and Equipment Rental, Altoona, Pa.
• Region Three: Mark Jones, Gadsden Scaffold Co., Gadsden, Ala.
• Region Four: David Manning, Pioneer Equipment Rental, Durant, Okla.
• Region Five: Glen Benrus, RentalMax Administration Center, Wheaton, Ill.
• Region Six: John Kernan, Ango Kernan Rentals, Overland, Mo.
• Region Seven: Catherine DeBusk, CERP, Party People Rentals, Phoenix
• Region Eight: Rick Ream, Northwest Insurance Services, Gig Harbor, Wash.
• Region Nine: Steve Anthony, American Event Rentals, Stockton, Calif.
• Region 10: James Morden, RentShop, Alliston, Ontario, Canada
The President’s Image Award is a store award that celebrates a commitment to improving the rental industry through a remodeling, rebuilding or renovation project. Awards are given during the Regional Breakfasts. Recipients are:
• Region One: Bret Lagasse, Taylor Rental Center, Orange, Conn.
• Region Four: Andy Jones, Red Hat Rentals, Palestine, Texas
• Region Four: Ralph Kastner, Tuff Equipment, Hammond, La.
More information on The Rental Show, which is Feb. 7-10, is available at www.TheRentalShow.com.