Aggreko is investing more than $200 million in power generation technology, the company said this week. The investment in diesel and natural gas equipment will enable the company to develop its emission-control technology on the temporary utility market. About 40 percent of the company’s investment will be made by the end of 2010 with the remaining 60 percent in 2011.
“Aggreko’s customers face increasing restrictions on emissions levels to meet environmental standards,” said George Walker, president of Aggreko North America. “This investment is part of our commitment to help our customers meet their emissions objectives. By expanding our fleet of EPA-certified rental generators, Aggreko will help customers maximize their productivity and avoid interruptions in their businesses while reducing their overall environmental impact.”
The equipment being purchased by Aggreko includes more than 328 MW of low-emission, diesel and natural gas generators manufactured by Cummins. “Now Aggreko’s customers have a rental natural gas solution, ranging from 65 kW to 1,300 kW that can be installed in a matter of days, and often in only hours,” added Walker.