The second annual Safe Access, Fall Protection & Training (SAF-T) conference will be held Oct. 7 at the Sheraton Hotel at BWI Airport. Last year’s inaugural conference in Long Beach, Calif., was well received and well-attended.
- Mark Monson, president and owner of M2 Safety Solutions, a 20-year veteran specialist in construction safety;
- Tony Groat, Aerial Work Platform Training’s North American membership development director and a 31-year veteran of the rental industry, will speak on how owners/dealers and users can work together to meet their individual responsibilities;
- Jeff Stachowiak, national safety director for Sunbelt Rentals, will speak on common mistakes that can get operators hurt on AWPs;
- Thomas Dillon, national product sales manager for Miller Fall Protection, will speak on fall-protection issues;
- Dave Baxter, director of marketing, aftermarket products and services for JLG Industries, will speak on Bi-lingual issues for AWP suppliers;
- Gary Riley, president of Aerial Platform & Telehandler Training & Consulting, on How Maintenance Relates to Safety;
- Rob Vetter, technical director for IVES Training Group in Blaine, Wash., on How to Select and Groom a Good Trainer;
- Brad Boehler, director of product safety for SkyJack Inc., will lead a discussion group.
The event is organized by Maximum Capacity Media. Interested parties can get more information and register at www.saf-tconference.com. It costs less than $100 to attend, and members of AEM, AEMP, ARA or SIA are eligible for discounts.