Maximum Capacity Media, publisher of Lift and Access magazine, is hosting the inaugural Safe Access, Fall Protection & Training Conference July 20 at the Hyatt Regency Long Beach in Long Beach, Calif. The one-day event will be held immediately after the Scaffold Industry Association’s 35th Annual Convention at the same location in order for attendees to participate in both events.
Feature presentations and panel discussions will be led by some of the industry’s leading authorities on awp safety. Topics will include:
· A review of the recently released ANSI A92.6 standard, and how it will affect all entities involved in the supply chain;
· Safe operation and proper use of access equipment and fall protection in the context of the ANSI standards;
· Clarification of the responsibilities and expectations for access equipment training as outlined by the ANSI standards;
· Discussion on the need for an improved level of consistent and high-quality training for access equipment operators;
· Guidance on the successful implementation of operator training programs and discussions on resources available for operator training;
· How to select proper equipment for the application, and a new interactive operator-training simulator by 3-D Interactive.
The event will begin with motivational speaker and safety authority Bruce Wilkinson, CSP, who has worked with companies as diverse as Zurich Insurance, Xerox, NASA and the Department of Defense. Other speakers include:
· Jeff Stachowiak, Sunbelt Rentals’ national safety director;
· Joseph Feldstein, manager of technical services for MSA Fall Protection and ANSI executive committee member;
· Robert Vetter, technical director, IVES Training Group;
· Tony Groat, membership director for AWPT Inc., 31-year rental industry veteran; past president of the Northeast Subcontractors Association, and former board member for the Associated Equipment Distributors;
· Brad Boehler, director of product safety for SkyJack Inc.
For more information or registration, visit www.SAF-Tconference.com.