The Associated Equipment Distributors annual 2009 AED/Qualcomm Executive Forum will be held Sept. 10 and 11 in Chicago, on the topic of “The nuts and bolts for steering your business past today’s potholes toward future profitability.”
The event will be moderated by Jeff Lefebvre, founder of PriSim Business War Games, a management education and consulting firm dedicated to empowering organizations through the evolution and advancement of their one competitive advantage — the knowledge capital of their employees.
The agenda includes:
• Construction Market Report – featuring David Raso, senior managing director for the International Strategy and Investment Group;
• Strategic Business Planning & Your Own Exit Strategy – featuring Dana Telford, author, lecturer and advisor to business leaders and business families;
• How We Got Here, and What Have We Learned? – featuring Don McNeeley, Ph.D., president chief operating officer of Chicago Tube and Iron, and adjunct professor at Northwestern University;
• Words from Washington – featuring Steve Sandherr, CEO, Associated General contractors of America and Jade West, senior vice president for governmental relations, National Association of Wholesaler Distributors;
• The Lending Landscape: Credit Answers for You & Your Customers – a panel featuring money experts, including Ken Hedlund, principal of construction and A/E Team, Somerset CPAs;
• What do You Need to Do: Buy, Sell or Save? – a panel of M&A restructuring experts, including Tony Perrone, principal in FMI’s Investment Banking;
• Pain Points: Customers Tell You What Hurts and What You and Your Manufacturers Can Do About It – a contractor panel moderated by Robert Nadeau, managing principal of the Industrial Performance Group.
The forum will be held at Chicago’s Westin O’Hare in Rosemont, Ill. For information and registration, go to www.aednet.org/execforum.