The Associated Equipment Distributors/Lawson Executive Forum will be held Sept. 16 and 17 this year with the theme “Strategic Content for Next Year’s Planning.” The annual forum will be held at the Westin O’Hare in Rosemont, Ill., a stone’s throw from Chicago’s O’Hare Airport.
The forum will be moderated by Bill McCleave, president of McCleave & Associates, a consulting firm specializing in relationship management for industrial distributors, manufacturers and their customers.
Topics and speakers will include:
• Dr. Eugenio Aleman, director and senior economist at Wells Fargo, will present an economy and credit analysis:
• Dr. Al Bates, founder and president of Profit Planning Group, producer of AED’s Cost of Doing Business Report, will make a presentation on profit opportunities;
• Profit Panel – Widening the Lens: a look at issues to consider in planning for 2011, featuring Peter Anderton, president of Stauff Americas; Rex Collins, senior manager of Somerset CPAs; and Bates;
• Bernadette Budde, a political analysis will present “Election Projections and Potential Effects on Dealers;
• Eli Lustgarten, a frequent Executive Forum contributor, will offer market data and analysis;
Tier 4 Expertise: Joe Mastandano, product manager for Engine and Drivetrains at John Deere Construction and Forestry Division, will take a look at the effects of Tier 4;
• Health Care Law Explained: Doug Truax, managing partner and CEO of Veritas Risk Services will offer analysis.